Word 2013 document locked as Blog Post RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a diehard Office 2010 user, but my family uses 2013. Got the dreaded support call asking about how to space a paragraph. Well, a quick look online verified the button is in the same place as always (Home ribbon), and thought this was going to be a quick call. When they told me there was no Home Ribbon, I jumped on RDP and sure enough, there were only 3 tabs: File, Blog Post and Insert. 

I figured that they created a new .docx as a Blog Post in the Create New dialog and built the document from there. Viewing the document source I saw that it used xml to format the text, similar to how Wordpress sets it up. Rather than break out every tag, I just created a new document as a word file and did a copy/paste. The issue is resolved, but I wanted a better understanding of how it works. 

When the document is set as a blog post, it is still a .docx file, but there seems to be no way to change it to another format. I tried a "Save As..." but Word still would not accept the document as a standard Word doc. So here are my questions:

• Is there a way to convert it, or is it set in stone?
    • Secondly, when it is set as such, is there a method to "reactivate" the standard tabs for advanced formatting/authoring?
    • Lastly (for my family), is there any way to turn off all other "Create New..." formats other than the vanilla document?

More curious than anything, but surprisingly could not bring up any information about this online or on TN. If there's a post about this a link to it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:31 PM

Answers

All replies