none
Problem: ECMA 2.2 custom agent multiple object types RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a wired problem with importing data using a custom agent that integrates with Dynamics 365 (on prem)

My issue is with the import process. The code imports users and business roles. The code is below. When I run the Import profile, the Sync manager shows users got imported and not roles. When I debug the code, importReturnInfo shows both users and roles but Sync manager and agent's CS only show users. 

Here is another confusing part. I tried to process the roles before the users in the GetImportEntries. It worked and the Sync manager is importing both rules and users. However, when I delete any role from Dynamics, the sync engine doesn't recognize the deleted role. Any idea what I am missing? Thanks

public GetImportEntriesResults GetImportEntries(GetImportEntriesRunStep importRunStep)
            {

DynamicsUserProfileQueryResult dynamicsUserProfileQueryResult = new DynamicsUserProfileQueryResult();
                List<CSEntryChange> csentries = new List<CSEntryChange>();
                GetImportEntriesResults importReturnInfo;

if (personMoreToImport)
                {

dynamicsUserProfileQueryResult = Connector.GetDynamicsUsers(ImportPageSize, userPageNumber);

userPageNumber++;
                    personMoreToImport = dynamicsUserProfileQueryResult.QueryPagingCookie != null;
                    ProcessImportedDynamicsUsers(dynamicsUserProfileQueryResult, csentries);

}

//if we try to add users first, roles are not being added for some reason
                if (rolesMoreToImport)
                {
                    var businessRoles = ImportBusinessRoles();
                    foreach (var businessRole in businessRoles)
                    {
                        CSEntryChange entry = CSEntryChange.Create();
                        entry.ObjectModificationType = ObjectModificationType.Add;
                        entry.ObjectType = BusinessRole;

if (businessRole.RoleId.HasValue)
                            entry.AttributeChanges.Add(AttributeChange.CreateAttributeAdd("RoleId", businessRole.RoleId.ToString()));
                        if (!String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(businessRole.RoleText))
                            entry.AttributeChanges.Add(AttributeChange.CreateAttributeAdd("RoleName", businessRole.RoleText));

entry.DN = String.Format("CN={0},O=Role", businessRole.RoleText);

csentries.Add(entry);
                    }
                    rolesMoreToImport = false;

}

importReturnInfo = new GetImportEntriesResults()
                {
                    MoreToImport = rolesMoreToImport,
                    CSEntries = csentries
                };
                return importReturnInfo;

}

Ahmed is an independent consultant in Ottawa, Canada specialized in .NET, Biztalk, WCF, WPF, TFS and other Microsoft technologies.

Blog: http://lajak.wordpress.com

Twitter: ahmedalasaad

Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:07 PM

Answers

• Full Import. 

I ended up creating another agent just to import the roles.

Ahmed is an independent consultant in Ottawa, Canada specialized in .NET, Biztalk, WCF, WPF, TFS and other Microsoft technologies.

Monday, March 30, 2020 5:59 PM

All replies

• Are you doing full import or delta import? Do you have any errors/warnings during import? Have you done full synchronization after import?

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:40 PM
  • Full Import. 

I ended up creating another agent just to import the roles.

Monday, March 30, 2020 5:59 PM