19D0810A-10000004 error when launching default app - new install RRS feed

• Question

• I've found just about every thread on this and none of them seem to resolve my issue.  I installed the Management Server on a 2008 R2 box, and followed the trial whitepaper.  I have SQL installed on a separate machine and even tried starting the services with an account that had sa privileges to the SQl server.  I've confirmed that the management server is listening on port 554 as well.  I also tried installing the Management server on a 2008 server thinking maybe R2 as the issue.  Two different clients as well, Windows 7 and another Windows 2008 R2 server.

Any suggestions?

Here is the full error:

{hap=3:app=DefaultApp MFC Application 1.0.0.1:tid=5C4:usr=appvuser}

The Application Virtualization Client could not connect to stream URL 'rtsp://appv1.our.domain.com:554/DefaultApp.sft' (rc 19D0810A-10000004, original rc 19D0810A-10000004). 

Friday, October 22, 2010 12:51 PM

Answers

• I apologize for the confusion...

The server path is correct... I just edited out our actual domain name and miskeyed it the second time.

I believe it was because I didn't have the share created when I originally installed the managerment server.  I uninstalled/reinstalled and now I appear to have a working test...

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, November 1, 2010 6:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 10:34 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 5:17 PM

All replies

• Friday, October 22, 2010 12:57 PM
  • Doesn't appear to be that simple...

I've verified network connectivity, and there are no firewalls.  I can telnet to the port just fine.  I just tried saving the OSD in UTF-8 format, but it didn't help.  Service is started as well.  Can it be that the XML file is "broken" as the link says?  I'm not sure what to look for here... This file has not been changed other than the change the trial whitepaper said to make, the CODEBASE HREF.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>

<SOFTPKG GUID="A1FA0C7D-CC79-403C-AE17-2DABADC9D768" NAME="DefaultApp MFC Application" VERSION="1.0.0.1">

<IMPLEMENTATION>

<CODEBASE HREF="rtsp://appv1.my.domain.com:554/DefaultApp.sft" GUID="4F361562-D469-41D8-B6EF-D50538FDB202" PARAMETERS="" FILENAME="defapp\DefaultApp.exe" SYSGUARDFILE="defapp\osguard.cp" SIZE="4720348"/>

<WORKINGDIR>%SFT_MNT%\defapp</WORKINGDIR>

<VIRTUALENV TERMINATECHILDREN="FALSE">

<ENVLIST/>

</VIRTUALENV>

<VM VALUE="Win32">

<SUBSYSTEM VALUE="windows"/>

</VM>

</IMPLEMENTATION>

<DEPENDENCY>

<CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.5.0.0"/>

</DEPENDENCY>

<PACKAGE NAME="DefaultApp"/>

<ABSTRACT>This application is provided with Microsoft Application Virtualization as a default application for test purposes.  It is generally deployed as available to the default user on the default server group to enable administrators to prove basic system and network connectivity.</ABSTRACT>

<MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>

<SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_STARTMENU%" FILENAME="" OVERRIDDEN="TRUE" DISPLAY="DefaultApp" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/DefaultApp.ico"/>

</MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>

<MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>

<PROGIDLIST/>

<FILEEXTENSIONLIST/>

</MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>

</SOFTPKG>

Friday, October 22, 2010 1:04 PM
  • Hello,

Verify that the server is running using the App-v ping tool;

http://immidio.com/resourcekit/

Is the file available to the streaming-server? 

/Znack

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:18 PM
  • C:\Program Files\Immidio\Resource Kit>App-V-Ping -s appv1 -p 554 -v

App-V Ping v1.0.1.0, part of the Immidio Resource Kit.
    Copyright (C) 2008 Immidio, http://www.immidio.com

*** Initializing WinSock...                  Success.
    *** Resolving server...                      Success.
    *** Creating socket...                       Success.
    *** Creating socket event...                 Success.
    *** Starting connection...                   Success.
    *** Waiting for connection to be accepted... Success.
    *** Sending data...                          Success.
    *** Shutting down socket for sending...      Success.
    *** Waiting for response...                  Success.

Server 'ad1' is accepting RTSP connections on port 554.

Looks like its accepting connections... what do you mean is the file available to the streaming-server?  How do I confirm this?  appv1 is the streaming server (Management server install)

Friday, October 22, 2010 5:09 PM
  • The Application Virtualization Client could not connect to stream URL 'rtsp://appv1.our.domain.com:554/DefaultApp.sft' (rc 19D0810A-10000004, original rc 19D0810A-10000004). 

Thats the error message - is that file available?

/Znack
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:12 PM
  • I'm going to assume that when I setup the management server, and specify the default content path in System Options, that is where you are referring to?  The path there does contain the DefaultApp.sft file, yes.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:35 PM
  • The path of your server is 'rtsp://appv1.our.domain.com:554/DefaultApp.sft and your HREF is pointing to rtsp://appv1.my.domain.com:554/DefaultApp.sft

They must be the same

Saturday, October 23, 2010 2:29 PM
  • I apologize for the confusion...

The server path is correct... I just edited out our actual domain name and miskeyed it the second time.

I believe it was because I didn't have the share created when I originally installed the managerment server.  I uninstalled/reinstalled and now I appear to have a working test...

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, November 1, 2010 6:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 10:34 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 5:17 PM