====================================

HP VMware Servers "Not Working"

Group Diagram empty as show and the server state is empty :(

Appreciate Support :()

Sunday, December 11, 2011 4:21 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I also would like to suggest you verify the settings referring to the management pack guide firstly.

If the issue persists, considering this issue is related to HP products, it is also recommended that you contact HP for further investigation:

HP Support

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hope this issue will be resolved soon!

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Nicholas Li Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by ErrorLoading Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:34 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:20 AM

All replies

• (3rd party MP support is best effort on the MSFT forums. Try posting these questions to the HP Forums.)

Check out page 9 of the MP guide http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02965254/c02965254.pdf

To add an HP Linux server or an HP VMware server, you must use the DMC to register the server

with an instance of the DMS. For detailed information about this task, see the HP Device Monitor

for Microsoft System Center User Guide.

hope this helps!

Scott Moss MVP (Operations Manager) President - System Center Virtual Users Group |Vice President - Atlanta Southeast Management Users Group (ATL SMUG)
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you!
    my new blog om2012.wordpress.com
    Monday, December 12, 2011 4:16 AM
  • Hi ScottMoss,

Currently the situation is: all my HP Servers are monitored and healthy, but i can't see the VMWare servers :(

- HP System Insight Manager Server detected and healthy

- Hp Management Server are detected and healthy

=====================

1st of all i added the VMWare ESX Servers as network devices in the SCOM

and created a new management pack as mentioned in this document

http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-11357

After that I Installed the DMC on the SCOM Server and the DMS on the SIM Insight Manager Server as mentioned in MP guild

I am i walking on the correct road and my issue now from the HP Servers Side ? or I'm missing something ?

DMS Should be installed on the SCOM Server or the SIM Insight Manager Server ?

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:05 PM
  •  

Hi,

I also would like to suggest you verify the settings referring to the management pack guide firstly.

If the issue persists, considering this issue is related to HP products, it is also recommended that you contact HP for further investigation:

HP Support

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hope this issue will be resolved soon!

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Nicholas Li Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by ErrorLoading Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:34 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:20 AM
  • Are you running ESXi or ESX? I have not found a way to monitor ESXi from this MP, only ESX.

ESXi removed all SNMP monitoring of VM's and now only gives ESXi host information, and very little detail.  I suspect that this MP relies on deprecated technology, especially as ESX is no longer available.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:17 AM