Conference Room Disappear RRS feed

• Question

• We have this strange behavior in Outlook 2013 & 365 and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. I am seeking for your expertise advice and solution.

The Problem: In Outlook, clicked New Items, selected Meeting, clicked on Scheduling Assistant, clicked on Add Attendees, and group shared email (where all attendees are in the group email) selected. After group account added, went to Add Rooms, clicked and selected all conference rooms. After conference rooms added, I expanded the group email account to see everyone's free/busy schedule and the added conference rooms disappeared instantly.

Testing: In Outlook, click on Calendar, right clicked on emptied space and selected New Meeting Request, clicked on Scheduling Assistant, added the group email (attendees) and added the conference rooms. Expanded the attendee group email - expanded and able to view everyone's free/busy schedule AND conference rooms still intact. Did not go disappear.

Any ideas why conference rooms disappear when use the New Items feature in Outlook?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Toly,

Does this issue affect all users in your environment?

I tried to test in my Outlook 2013 (15.0.4420.1017) with my Office 365 account but cannot reproduce the problem. One difference is that since the number of rooms in our environment is far too large, I only selected about a dozen of rooms during my test. Is this a necessary condition to trigger the issue?

Besides, to help narrow down the problem, please try to start Outlook in safe mode and see if there will be any difference. To do this, please press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 26, 2018 9:25 AM
  • Conference rooms disappear in “New Meeting” but working fine in "New Appointment"

The strangest thing is that after I added the attendees - 20 people (which is a group), I then expanded the group to show everyone's name and free/busy schedule. After that, I then added the conference rooms - conferences room added then immediately disappeared. Only 7 conference rooms. It acted like the All Attendees list is full that it refused to save or add the conference rooms. This is only happening when using Scheduling Assistant. Not sure what triggers it.

I was able to replicate the issue on mine also. So, I think this could be global but no one really using the Scheduling Assistant so they probably are not aware of it. Like I've stated, doing it directly from within Calendar works fine.

Safe Mode testing appears to be working at the moment.

• Edited by GenXit Friday, February 2, 2018 3:19 PM
    Friday, January 26, 2018 7:09 PM
  • Hi GenXit,

>> Safe Mode testing appears to be working at the moment.

Do you mean the issue stopps in safe mode? If this is the case, have you tried disabling add-ins one by one and and see if the issue is related to any problematic add-ins?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:54 AM
  • I finally got our Exchange support team to look at the conference rooms and whomever that set those up - they didn't set conference rooms up correctly. Issue resolved by changing conference rooms to proper format.

Toly Xiong

Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:35 AM
  • Hi Toly,

Great to see that the issue has been resolved and thanks so much for sharing! By the way, could you please help mark your post above as answer to close the thread so that others who might have a similar question can more easily find the possible resolution? Thanks for your understanding and support. Have a nice day :) 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Friday, March 23, 2018 1:22 AM