none
SCOM 2012 SP1 to manage DPM. "View Jobs" DPM servers are unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Unavailable DPM Servers

To resolve this issue, do these step on each DPM server.

1) Verify that the DPM service is running on the server  (YES service is running)

2) Verify that the current user has been added to at least one of the roles in Operations Manager  (Im included in a group that has persmission to the DPM ADMIN Role)

3) Open Operation Manager console and then try launching the DPM console.  (This works no problem)

This did work but now it does not, any ideas? THANKS

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:10 PM

Answers

• After working w\MS support We found the answer to the problem.

When launching SCOM - cannot use Alias. Must use SCOM server name or IP address. NOT SCOM Alias.

Now I can launch SCOM "View Jobs" and see the jobs that I submitted. (You will not be able to view scheduled jobs)

• Marked as answer by Anncex Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:43 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are there any DPM server not available alerts in SCOM server. If so could you please resolve the alerts and try view jobs.

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 15, 2013 5:54 AM
  • I can see all the see dpm servers & launch DPM from within operations manager.  No alerts either..... 
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:05 PM
  • This seems to be a BUG and not work any more.

After upgrading to SP1 update rollup 1 & 2 this is no longer working. If anyone has DPM being managed by operations manager, and your at sp1 rollup 1 or 2, try launching the "view jobs" from within operations manager??

THANKS

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:03 PM
  • After working w\MS support We found the answer to the problem.

When launching SCOM - cannot use Alias. Must use SCOM server name or IP address. NOT SCOM Alias.

Now I can launch SCOM "View Jobs" and see the jobs that I submitted. (You will not be able to view scheduled jobs)

• Marked as answer by Anncex Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:43 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:43 PM