none
The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed" error when you log in to Windows 7

Question

• Hi,

I have been facing the issue as Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps, given by Microsoft and other but not use.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

I have performed all below mentioned steps.

1. Domain disjoin and rejoin have done
    2. Deleted objected from AD and tried with Domain account, added
    3. Used netdom command to reset computer password
    4. Account password reset in Ad
    5. Deleted DNS entries and tried
    6. Configured primary and secondary dns in NIC and tried

Here, issue is, I can join in Domain after when i try to log on to that mahcine it gives an same error

I have tried more than 5 machine using the same host name which didnot work

If I use different name in those 5 machine it works fine. So far as the only problem with single host name where I could not use anywhere in my domain

Looking forward your response thanks

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:36 AM

All replies

• You should try to ping domain server with name or ip address and also should check the nslookup.

And other domain users are able to login or not. please clear the same.

Regards,
    Sandeep Poonia
    Please verify the answer if it helps you.

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Have a look on ntsetup.log file, this will probably show you the error detail which is causing this.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 11:53 AM
  • Hi,
    If I understand correctly, the problem is happening on a specific user account, am I right?
    If that is the case, it seems be strange, in my experience, rejoining the domain could help to fix this error. Therefore, please check if that user account is disabled or not, and please check that account on DC to see if it is configured to log on specific machines by doing the following option:

In addition, you could consider to rename that account and see if it helps.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:53 PM