Print Spooler On Windows 7 64-bit PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My company has a new Windows 7 64-bit PC (1 month old) whose "Printer Spooler" cannot remain on "Started" in the computer Services.  Because of this, none of the computer's available printers are able to work if the Spooler is "Stopped".  The computer has several networked printers and one local printer connected by USB.  The local printer is several years old.  I have to reinstall the Windows 7 64-bit driver every time the Spooler stops working.  The Spooler works some of the days and then stops.

My company has other Windows 7 64-bit computers but they do not have a local printer connected to them.  So far the other computers have not had the Spooler problem.

Is there a fix?

Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:35 PM

Answers

• Check the Print Spooler Services,,make it sure this confgured to automatic then restart the services.. If this things will happened again check the pront drivers and the printer's documentation..

Hope it is helpfull..

THnkas

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:43 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

My company has a new Windows 7 64-bit PC (1 month old) whose "Printer Spooler" cannot remain on "Started" in the computer Services.  Because of this, none of the computer's available printers are able to work if the Spooler is "Stopped".  The computer has several networked printers and one local printer connected by USB.  The local printer is several years old.  I have to reinstall the Windows 7 64-bit driver every time the Spooler stops working.  The Spooler works some of the days and then stops.

My company has other Windows 7 64-bit computers but they do not have a local printer connected to them.  So far the other computers have not had the Spooler problem.

Is there a fix?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

Please check these 2 Articles hope it solve your Problem:

1- http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverfiles/thread/6de177db-df34-4801-be93-1a8e4231f183

2- http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/89483-print-spooler-queue-clear-reset.html

Regards,

MCT / MCITP / MCTS / MCSA / MCSE / C|EH

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

This problem seems to happen when you install a 32bit print driver on a 64 bit system. Therefore you can try to remove the driver and download the latest driver from the printers’ manufacture website for check.

Also you can try to clear printer spooler files and restart the service again:

1. Click the Start Button, type "Services" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

3. Click Stop and click OK.

4. Click the Start Button, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the open window, and delete all files in this folder.

5. Click the Start Button, click Run, type "Services" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

If any error is received, please let me know in details.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Check the Print Spooler Services,,make it sure this confgured to automatic then restart the services.. If this things will happened again check the pront drivers and the printer's documentation..

Hope it is helpfull..

THnkas

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:43 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Make sure you have the spooler service enable in msconfig, if you uncheck it in msconfig it may revert your settings in services.msc. Also you stated the printer is several years old try making one of the other printers on your network (A newer model) your primary printing device see if it is a compatibility issue.

Tom

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:40 PM