none
Any Online Notepad tools alternatives to Windows Notepad? RRS feed

All replies

• Notepad++ is my favorite.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.7.1.html

Monday, August 26, 2019 12:07 PM
  • What do you mean by online? I assume you mean that you must use it online, not locally. Where would the files be stored? Are you aware of Microsoft OneDrive? There are many competitors of OneDrive.

I don't know what your requirements are. There are so many possibilities; have you looked around? If you are asking for a local text editor like Notepad, then well, like I said; there are so many, each with advantages and disadvantages. The alternative to Notepad for me is Visual Studio Code (very different from Visual Studio) but it has disadvantages, at least it cannot do a simple print of a text file.

You should ask this question in a more appropriate forum, not the Windows Desktop Development > Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum, and be more clear about what you need.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:02 PM
  • Hello harryw2,

This forum is for "Discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios." Your question is not related to this. Maybe you can search on the Internet.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:33 AM