Exporting Lab Test Results to CSV RRS feed

• Question

• PROBLEM: Exporting lab results the CSV file only contains summary information, not the actual test results.

When I select a LabCorp report, e.g.,

Immunoglobulins A/E/G/M, Serum

8/16/2013 6:35:00 PM -05:0

then click Export

The CSV file only contains, 

Summary

Type

Date

Source

Signed

Encounter

2013-08-17 19:58:00

No

Lab Test Results

2013-08-16 18:35:00

No

Lab Test Results

2013-08-16 18:35:00

No

When I click the Continuity of Care link on the Related Tab, I see all the test results, e.g.,

Results (Discrete)

Test Date Result Source
    Beta-2 Microglobulin, Serum
    Ordered:
    Beta-2 Microglobulin, Serum #.# mg/L N
    Immunoglobulins A/E/G/M, Serum
    Ordered:
    Immunoglobulin E, Total ## IU/mL N
    Immunoglobulin G, Qn, Serum ### mg/dL N
    Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum ## mg/dL N
    Immunoglobulin M, Qn, Serum ## mg/dL N

So, How do I get the test results out in in CSV file (so I may import them (for Capzule app for graphing)?

- Tom

Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:52 PM

All replies

• Hi, Tom,

Capzule PHR now connects with HealthVault, so you should be able to analyze your labs there without going through CSV. You just need to authorize Capzule PHR to connect with your records in HealthVault.

-Kathy-

Monday, September 30, 2013 6:12 PM
  • Hi Kathy,

Thanks for replying to my query.

While Capzule has some very nice and promising features--and may be the way to go, especially for graphing special test results--its HealthVault connection is, at present, very limited.  E.g., only a pre-determined, standard set of measures--height, weight, blood pressure, a 4-measure cholesterol panel, glucose, and Hba1c--is (automatically) accessible from HealthVault. At least currently, for all those special test results from labs such as LabCorp, we will have to export them from HealthVault to a CSV file, create a Capzule 'Self Monitoring' flowsheet, and import the CSV data into the flowsheet. That's not an ideal approach, but should be possible and workable for the interim.

Of course, all this begs the (unasked) question(s): Why does the exported CSV file from HealthVault contain only summary data, not all the test results? And can and will it contain all the test data, and when?

- Tom

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:12 PM