none
Bulk Edit Standard Rate, Overtime Rate, Cost Per User RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 Enterprise Edition April 2016 CU on-premises with project Server (same CU)

I am using PWA Settings, Active Directory Resource Pool Synchronization to import AD users from a Security Group.

Works fine.  I have a few hundred users imported!  Great, now how do I get Standard Rate, Overtime Rate, and Cost Per Use, to Bulk Edit?

I would like to ensure that the users, after imported, allow me to select them and bulk edit.  I have about 75 that I want to have the SAME information, however I don't want to do so ONE by ONE by ONE!

I can even TRY powershell if I have to!
    Thank you!

Matt

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Matthew,

You have 2 easy ways to bulk edit information. 

1- Go to the resource center, select the resources you need to update, click on "bulk edit" in the ribbon. You'll find the information you can bulk edit for all selected resources.

2- Go to the resource center, select the resources you need to update, click on 3open" in MS Project Professional. It will open all resources in the Project Pro Resource sheet, which is an Excel-like worksheet. So you can easily bulk update information by doing copy-paste or extend values to cells.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:15 PM
  • Hi Matt - Guillaume has suggested a good option there.

This will work for you if you are planning to copy just the Standard rates (rate table A) and current max availability. If you are planning to go deeper i.e. timephased availability e.g. this month 100% and next month 50% etc and/or timephased cost rates, cost changes/annual inflation or wanting to make changes to any other rate tables, then you will need to double click and manually apply the update for each resource.

We have many sites, where this is an issue and they want to replicate the rate from a generic skill/template resource and apply to all the resources in one sweep. feel free to have to look to see if this is relevant in your case.

http://projectsolution.com/ratereplicator.html

Hope this helps.

Regards, PJ Mistry (Email: pj@projectsolution.co.uk | Web: http://www.projectsolution.co.uk | Blog: EPMGuy.com)

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:52 PM