I am having problems (plural) with a my 32bit Vista Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• I was using my laptop when it decided to crash for no aparent reason. Now a dll called cryptsvc.dll running as part of a svchost process is permernantly running 50% of my cpu usage. All my programas are glitchy and keep becoming non-responsive, (...so and so....is Not responding... etc...). Also if I try to update windows all I get is 0% completed forever, even if I leave it for as long as a day (Manual downloads of the same updates also will not install). When I shut down windows says that it is configuring an update at 0% and after an hour eventually shuts down, still at 0%. When I Start up it says configuring updates 1 of 3 0% and that stays up for a minite or two. I cannot use some of my software at all now because the proccesor has not enough free % left to do the tasks. I have used My Norton, Windows Defenfer and Spybot Search and Destroy, all updated and they see nothing out of place. My hard drives are defraged apropriatly.

I have a toshiba M100/U01 with 4 gigs ram, 2.53Ghz dual core centrino 2, twin 250gig hard drives, 512 graphics card. I would really like to be able to use all my software and not to have my computer freezing up on me all the time. I am willing to give more information if nesaccery. I would like to know what my options are and if anyone knows/understands my issues.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:42 PM

All replies