How to print PDF within EDGE? RRS feed

• Question

• Win10 Pro 64bit

I see that EDGE does not support browser add-ons. Most billing web sites provide their documentation as a PDF. When I launch the PDF window, I cannot see how to print it, only save as.

How do I print PDF's in EDGE?

John Lenz

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:27 PM

Answers

• Let me clarify, The open you suggested did work, it opened in a new EDGE tab with "dots" & print capability. What I am experiencing is a web page spawning the window. it does not as a tab but an independent window.

Hope that helps.

John Lenz

OK, if I understand correctly, the problem occurs with just that "View Bill" link.  Since it opens a new window of the type shown in the image, I am guessing it is a pop-up and would therefore be a function of how the page was coded for presentation of the bill.  If you click on the pop-up (to ensure focus) and then use Ctrl-P, do you get the print dialog?

• Marked as answer by JohnLenz Wednesday, September 30, 2015 1:43 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:08 PM

All replies

• Well I still get the normal options at the top when opening a PDF with EDGE, so clicking the settings three dots ... (below the x top right) gives me a Print option. Other than that Ctrl+P brings up the print dialogue.
    • Proposed as answer by john.b_ Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:12 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:51 PM
  • As you see below, I launch the PDF from within the web page. It opens and there are no "dots" for print options. IN IE11 when a PDF was launched from within a web page, the PDF add-on recognized it and presented a print/save function on the PDF. SO, how to print an embedded PDF from EDGE? I highlighted in yellow the appropriate areas.

John Lenz

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:00 PM
  • As you see below, I launch the PDF from within the web page. It opens and there are no "dots" for print options. IN IE11 when a PDF was launched from within a web page, the PDF add-on recognized it and presented a print/save function on the PDF. SO, how to print an embedded PDF from EDGE? I highlighted in yellow the appropriate areas.

John Lenz

Does this only happen from the "View Bill" link or do all pdf's that you try to open in Edge exhibit this behavior?  Go to THIS Nicorgas PAGE which has multiple pdf links and post back with your observations.  Thanks.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:40 PM
  • Let me clarify, The open you suggested did work, it opened in a new EDGE tab with "dots" & print capability. What I am experiencing is a web page spawning the window. it does not as a tab but an independent window.

Hope that helps.

John Lenz

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:56 PM

Hope that helps.

John Lenz

OK, if I understand correctly, the problem occurs with just that "View Bill" link.  Since it opens a new window of the type shown in the image, I am guessing it is a pop-up and would therefore be a function of how the page was coded for presentation of the bill.  If you click on the pop-up (to ensure focus) and then use Ctrl-P, do you get the print dialog?

• Marked as answer by JohnLenz Wednesday, September 30, 2015 1:43 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:08 PM
  • That worked . Funny how a DOS command still works in Windows 10

Thanks

John Lenz

• Proposed as answer by Compagnie Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:02 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Compagnie Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:02 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:11 PM
  • What worked for me was a right click on the text in edge and there is "Save as" since it is a pdf you can save it were you want.
    • Edited by Compagnie Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:05 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:04 PM