Home Page changes when Activating Publishing Infrastrucure feature RRS feed

• Question

• Moderator Note to readers of this thread: The code below is correct. The OP changed it from the original non-working code when he found a solution. This is NOT the correct approach so do not do it yourself.

Hi all,

I have a custom Site definition with STS template. When I create a site based upon the site definition, at the top Navigation bar if the publishing Infrastructure is deactivated the tab on the Top navigation bar showing the Site name is being showing as "HOME" and  redirected to "<Sitecollectionname>/default.aspx".If that feature is activated it is showing up the site name and redirecting to "<Sitecollectionname/pages/default.aspx". Can anyone explain this behavior? I need both publishing feature and default.aspx for top navigation bar.

I Figured out the issue. It seems that we need to change the WelcomePage URL of Publishing feature in ONET.XML part of it is pasted below.

<Feature ID="22A9EF51-737B-4ff2-9346-694633FE4416">
              <!-- Publishing -->
              <Properties xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/">
                <Property Key="ChromeMasterUrl" Value="~SiteCollection/_catalogs/masterpage/BlueBand.master"/>
                <Property Key="WelcomePageUrl" Value="$Resources:cmscore,List_Pages_UrlName;/default.aspx"/>
                <Property Key="PagesListUrl" Value=""/>

I need to change the Value of the WelcomepageURL to only default.aspx .SO if I give it as default.aspx or /default.aspx or ~SiteCollection/default.aspx its giving error while creating the site. If anyone knows how to set this value to redirect to default.aspx please share their valuable suggestion.

Thanks,

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 1, 2011 1:36 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, April 4, 2011 8:39 AM Moderator Note added.
    Friday, April 1, 2011 1:11 PM

Answers

• Hi all,

Found the solution to this problem. Need to set the WelcomePageurl tag of Publishing Feature Properties value to default.aspx . Hope it helps someone to save his time. :D:D:D:D

• Marked as answer by Pa1 Kumar Monday, April 4, 2011 7:46 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

Found the solution to this problem. Need to set the WelcomePageurl tag of Publishing Feature Properties value to default.aspx . Hope it helps someone to save his time. :D:D:D:D

• Marked as answer by Pa1 Kumar Monday, April 4, 2011 7:46 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 7:46 AM
  • Please do NOT amend your original post when you find a solution.

The reply you made is all you should do.

If you feel it really necessary quote the revised *section* of your code, but there is no point at all in having a starter post that is already correct - leave it as it was so people can see both the original error AND (in your reply) the corrected version.

Moderator pre-SP 2010 forums

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Monday, April 4, 2011 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

I have a same problem, please can you specify more your solution? Probably I don't understand how you mean "Need to set the WelcomePageurl tag of Publishing Feature Properties value to default.aspx ". I tried

<Property Key="WelcomePageUrl" Value="default.aspx"></Property>

but it's not working. Can you post your code that fixed this problem please?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:56 PM
  • Hi Michal,

I have left my project for which I have made these changes long back. As of now I am unable to get you the code. But surely it has worked for me. instead try setting the URL to ~Sitecollection\default.aspx. Hope it will work

K.V.N.PAVAN
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:17 AM