AppV 4.6 DFS share containing two folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have configured a 4.6 sp2 management server and added the content DFS share. We then copied all of our APPv apps to the DFS share, but I then noticed that for each application, it later created an Icons folder at the top level. Is this correct or is there some system xml file that I can change to stop this from happening and then delete the Icons folders in the top level (I don't really want them twice). Apart from that the appv apps work very well.

Thanks in advance

Jaz

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:22 AM

Answers

• The App-V Management Server or Publishing Server makes no changes to the Content share.

Are you using the IconSourceRoot property on the client? Unlikely as this would be the issue too, but worth investigating.

Post a screenshot of the issue, not 100% sure what the issue is that you're describing.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brandon RecordsModerator Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

App-V Management servers doesn't create an icons directory, or anything else for that matter.

Have you verified what created the file?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:41 AM
  • We have hundreds of appv applications and an icons folder has been created for every one of them. I've added apps recently and they also have had the icons folder created. My name is down as the owner of the icons folder and the date modified of both icon folders is the same. If someone had copied the folder, the date and time would be different.

Is the publishing server creating these folders? Apart from above, how do I verify what created the file? I've checked tha event viewer and there is nothing in those logs (application and system logs)

Thanks

Jaz

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Hello,

If the Management Server (or the Publishing server as you started calling) created the file, it seems odd that you were the creater of the files (or last modified?).

App-V Management servers doesn't create an icons directory, or anything else for that matter.

It seems that you created these files - perhaps they are beeing replicated by the DFS-engine?

see this guide for more troubleshooting steps;

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2009/03/23/understanding-dfsr-debug-logging-part-1-logging-levels-log-format-guid-s.aspx

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:52 AM
  • LOL, I would have thought that I would remember copy and pasting over 400 icon folders and copying them to the top level, but never mind let's move on.

I also can't see DFS doing this neither, I don't even thing their are settings in DFS to do something like this and we are still in a test lab at the moment, so we don't have replication setup, it's just one DFS share.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? perhaps a system xml file or the application osd file could have caused the problem?

Thanks

Jaz

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:46 PM
  • The App-V Management Server or Publishing Server makes no changes to the Content share.

Are you using the IconSourceRoot property on the client? Unlikely as this would be the issue too, but worth investigating.

Post a screenshot of the issue, not 100% sure what the issue is that you're describing.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brandon RecordsModerator Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:36 PM