Forefront reporting and independent test reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I had a quick question in regards to Forefront reporting capability if centrally manged. Can it generate reports identifying what machines are infected within an enterprise and can it also verify how many infections per machine?

Also are you guys aware of any independent reports for AV where forefront scored higher than other products such as symantec and mcafee? reason is most reports either gave an edge to other AVs or they mainly focuse on One care tests which as I understand it is a different product.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:47 PM

Answers

• We do have reports showing machines that have been infected. We also have individual reports for machines that would show how many infections that system has/d.  Don't believe we have a report that shows list of system with X where X is # of recent threats detected/removed within a specified period of time..

Av-Comparatives and VB-100.  The AV engine is the same across all of our products so OneCare results = FCS results basically.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Monday, September 28, 2009 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:35 PM