none
FAST Search sometimes doesn't crawl newly added documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are facing the below issue in our FAST/SharePoint, would like to know your inputs on this :

Newly uploaded documents are sometimes missed (not crawled) by FAST and we weren't able to trace the file in the logs(as per below screenshot), although the site in which the document resides is included in the crawl rules.

If we edit the properties of the uncrawled document and do an incremental crawl, still it doesn't show in the results , but the subsequent full crawl brings the document in the search results.

Regards,

Vidya

Monday, September 16, 2013 9:39 AM

All replies

• Vidya,
    Have you reviewed the ULS logs during the period of the full crawls when the docs are not crawled?. Are there any errors ?
    Also do you have any  checkout or publishing going on that would cause the crawler to skip these documents?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:54 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your inputs.

We did not find any error in the ULS logs when the document was not crawled.

Document was not Checkout and Publishing was not going on.

When we found the document was not crawled, then we edit the properties of that document and did an incremental crawl, still it doesn't show in the results(no error in the ULS log). It showed only after the subsequent full crawl.

Regards,

Vidya

Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:45 AM
  •  Hi Patrick,

I would appreciate, if you could provide the update on above mentioned issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vidya

Monday, September 23, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Vidya,
    I would suggest trying to upload the documents in a different site to see if the problem is isolated to a site.
    If the issue still persists, I recommend opening a case for more in in depth troubleshooting.
    Monday, September 23, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

We have tried adding new doc in different site collection and that has crawled and shows in search result.

This is an intermittent issue and happens rarely for the newly uploaded document.

Please let us know your input on this issue.

Regards,

Vidya

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:59 AM