Remove-AppvClientPackage RRS feed

• Question

• So I was playing around with removing packages and working on clearing out my cache to start fresh with all the duplicates and old ones still sucking up space so I tried a Get-AppvclientPackage -all | Remove-AppvClientPackage thinking a simple refresh would bring them back --nope, reboot? --nope. Delete all the folders and reg entries manually and refresh? --nope. Get-AppvclientPackage  | publish-AppvClientPackage? --Nope, no packages listed. Uninstall reboot reinstall reboot? --Nope. What the hell, how do I get my apps back?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

• Edited by kilimanj99 Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:08 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:29 PM

Answers

• ok after an uninstall, reboot, delete all files and folders I can find related, delete all registry entries I can find, reboot, reinstall, reboot I got my apps back. I tried to break it again sort of, except this time I did an unpublish before a remove and did not have the same issue. If I do a remove without the unpublish the app goes into limbo and never returns.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

• Marked as answer by kilimanj99 Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:14 PM

All replies

• ok after an uninstall, reboot, delete all files and folders I can find related, delete all registry entries I can find, reboot, reinstall, reboot I got my apps back. I tried to break it again sort of, except this time I did an unpublish before a remove and did not have the same issue. If I do a remove without the unpublish the app goes into limbo and never returns.

• Marked as answer by kilimanj99 Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:14 PM
  • Just as an additional note, you should always first Unpublish the Packages using "Unpublish-AppVClientPackage" before removing them via "Remove-AppVClientPackage"

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Friday, May 27, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Remove-AppVClientPackage

o If package is published globally: The package gets de-integrated immediately if not de-integrated before (by an Unpublish-App-VClientPackage)

o If package is published for user: The package gets de-integrated immediately if the user is logged on or next time the user logs on

Source - Technet

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Monday, May 30, 2016 6:27 AM