none
SCCM 2002 and Office 2019 Deploy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have deployed the Office 2019 ProPlus successfully. But I want to display on the Software Center the Options "Repair" and "Uninstall"

What should add in the "config.xml" for "repair" and for "uninstall"?

That is my config.xml for "Uninstall"

<Configuration>
    </Product>
    <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
    <Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="True" />
    <Remove>
    <Product ID="ProPlus2019Volume">
    </Product>
    <Remove>
    </Configuration>

BR,

Nick

• Edited by mpng2008 Tuesday, June 2, 2020 11:16 AM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2020 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Beginning with ConfigMgr 1810, you can now repair an application directly from software center on a ConfigMgr client, you need to add a repair command line to your application and then check the Repair option in your application deployments.
    For more details, see:
    REPAIR APPLICATION FROM SOFTWARE CENTER USING SCCM 1810

ConfigMgr has nothing to do with the repair command line of any particular product, so please try to consult the Office forum for the correct and reliable repair command line.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mpng2008 Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:20 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To remove Office, do the following:

1. Review the description of the Remove attribute in the ODT Reference. Create a matching uninstall.xml file and place it in the previously chosen download location.
    2. Navigate to Software Library > Overview > Application Management > Applications, select the just created application, switch to the Deployment Type tab and edit the Office 365 Default Deployment Type.
    3. Switch to the Programs tab and specify the following Uninstall Program: setup.exe /configure uninstall.xml
    4. Clik OK, right-click the deployment type and select Update Content. For more details, see Deploy and manage content.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:59 AM
  • Hi Larry,

Thanks for your replay. But my question was for "Repair" and not for "unistall"

How should look the xml file for repair function?

Regards

Nick

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:31 AM
  • Hi,

Beginning with ConfigMgr 1810, you can now repair an application directly from software center on a ConfigMgr client, you need to add a repair command line to your application and then check the Repair option in your application deployments.
    For more details, see:
    REPAIR APPLICATION FROM SOFTWARE CENTER USING SCCM 1810

ConfigMgr has nothing to do with the repair command line of any particular product, so please try to consult the Office forum for the correct and reliable repair command line.

Best regards,
    Larry

• Marked as answer by mpng2008 Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:20 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet and we're glad that the question is solved now. 
    Please allow me to write a short summary for this thread, because we believe this will make the thread clearer and more friendly for other people who have similar problems.

Problem/Requirement:
    ===================
    I want to display on the Software Center the Options "Repair" and "Uninstall"

Solution:
    ===================
    Beginning with ConfigMgr 1810, you can now repair an application directly from software center on a ConfigMgr client, you need to add a repair command line to your application and then check the Repair option in your application deployments.

Best regards,
    Larry

Friday, July 17, 2020 2:54 AM