none
Allow Tabs to be closed but not IE 11 in Full Screen Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone had success using GPO to prevent closing of the IE 11 Window while allowing Tabs to be closed?

Scenario: Creating a Kiosk station with Windows 7, and Internet Explorer 11, with GPO in a domain environment. I have tried adding the NoBrowserClose restriction and also enabling the GP to Disable closing the browser and Explorer windows. But with both of these you are unable to close any tabs. Any ideas?

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Kprober,

Since we don’t have Tablet for testing, I tested in traditional environments. This GPO is not designed to prevent closing machine, so functionally users should be able to shut down their machines.

I am supposing you mean the Tablet hardware or system design or settings make user hard to select “shut down”, such like taskbar auto hide when Internet Explorer filling whole screen.

If it is cause by taskbar.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2

modify the 9th hexadecimal number pair

01 = Auto Hide and Show Clock
                                          02 = Always on Top and Show Clock
                                          03 = Always on Top and Auto Hide and Show Clock
                                          04 = Show small icons in Start Menu and Show Clock
                                          0E = Always on Top and Show small icons in Start Menu
                                          0F = Always on Top and Auto Hide and Show small icons in Start Menu

Else we might need more details about your issue, if it is caused by Tablet hardware design you might need to contact with manufacturer for help.

Regards

D. Wu

Friday, March 6, 2015 2:46 AM