none
Unable to access Domain contoller from Diffrent forest

Question

• Dear Team,

i am unable to access Domain contoller of diffrent forest with FQDN same is wokring fine through IP. 

i am getting the system detected possible attempt to compremise security. please ensure that you can contact the server that you authenticate.

i have added my login to member of administrator group of other domain. still same issue

i am able to access domain controller with FQDN from Diffrent forest domain contoller but not from its member server. 

how it working from domain controller not from member server.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:46 PM

All replies

• Make sure that tcp/udp 88 is not blocked by firewall

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/938457

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Hello,

By accessing you mean as a file share or via RDP? Usually if you have a problem with accessing the sahred resource using FQDN, but can access it using IP it means that you have some problems with DNS or SMB versions. You can try checking these.

/Regards

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Check the DNS configuration and is any necessary ports are blocked by firewall

http://www.windowstricks.in/2011/06/active-directory-ports.html

Regards www.windowstricks.in

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 2, 2016 8:29 AM