Windows 7 Starter Compatibility for Office 2010 Professional Plus RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Office 2010 Professional Plus purchased via Corporate Home User Agreement on Windows 7 Starter installed netbook. When I run the exe file it a flash of the command prompt screen is seen and no error message comes out. Can you please advise me is it because of compatiblity with Windows 7 Starter or netbook or something else? I also tried to run in various compatility mode but comes back with same results
    • Changed type Arthur Xie Monday, November 7, 2011 6:42 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 6:26 AM

Answers

• Didn't you have a previous version of office installed on your computer before? This might be a cause...

• Edited by MStoppl Friday, November 4, 2011 10:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, November 18, 2011 6:38 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Office 2010 Professional Plus can be installed in Windows 7 Starter. You may temporarily close more processes that are not in using, disable antivirus, then try to install again.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 7, 2011 7:08 AM

All replies

• Didn't you have a previous version of office installed on your computer before? This might be a cause...

• Edited by MStoppl Friday, November 4, 2011 10:33 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Office 2010 Professional Plus can be installed in Windows 7 Starter. You may temporarily close more processes that are not in using, disable antivirus, then try to install again.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 7, 2011 7:08 AM