Meeting Requests in outlook calendar is not syncing with SFB RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

We have sync issues with meeting requests not getting updated in SFB.

we are using O365 subscription package. LYNC server is on premise.

There are no issues with sign in or other activities (video & audio).

But the meeting info is not syncing.

Tried below steps:

1. Deleted the SFB profile from %userprofile%\appdata\local\Microsoft\office16.0\lync\

2. Deleted sign in info and checked.

3. SFB settings for update my presence from outlook enabled.

4. Repaired & Reinstalled MS office with latest patches from O365.

5. Created a new outlook profile and checked.

6. Add-ons for skype are enabled in outlook.

This issue is there for almost for all people in the organization.

Can you help to fix this issue ?

Thanks

SJ

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi SJ,

As all users have this issue in your organization, it may something wrong with the Exchange online integrate with Lync Server. You could try to go Exchange Admin Center -> recipients, double click the mailbox -> email address and check if the SIP address there. If not, please add the SIP address to integrate Skype for Business with Exchange.

In addition, you could try to check the EWS information in the Skype for Business Configuration Information by press ctrl + click the SFB icon.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.
    • Edited by woshixiaobai Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:13 AM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:13 AM
  • Hi SJ,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 9, 2018 1:39 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Sorry I couldn't revert back in time.

Its not like all users have the issue. 60-70 % people have issues. But for others it works fine without any issues.

we are confused on what to check. In case if there were login issues, or call issues we could have definitely thought that issue somewhere in server side. But here only meetings/appointments schedules are not appearing in SFB app.

This is purely connected with outlook right ? This is what I think. Is there any registry key changes to be done ?

The other thing what we found is if we don't configure outlook for the user in his profile & he logs into SFB, meeting schedule is appearing..

Is there any bug with outlook client which is making this happen ?

Thanks

SJ

Monday, November 12, 2018 2:20 PM
  • Hi SJ,

According to your description, it seems this is not a bug. For this, I suggest you could try to check the following settings:
    1. The Exchange account you set in the Outlook need to be the same as the account you signed in Skype for Business client. You could go to File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings in Outlook, turn to Email and Data Files tab, make sure the account you needed is selected as the Default. If the account is not the default, try to change it and then restart the Outlook and Skype for Business client.
    2. In the Outlook, make sure the Skype Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office is enabled. Go to File > Options > Add-ins to check about this.
    3. In the Skype for Business client, make sure you have enabled those options of Exchange and Outlook integration in Skype for Business Options, you could refer to the following screenshot:

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi SJ,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, November 16, 2018 3:26 AM
  • Hi Evan,

These settings are checked at our end. I would like add few more findings on this case.

In SFB client, if the DNS is set to automatic, problematic user is not able to sign in.

Whereas if other user for whom it is working (meeting sync), if he logs in to the same pc where problematic user is logged in with his own windows profile, with automatic configuration in SFB client, he is able to sign properly and meeting sync is happening properly.

Due to the above sign in issues, if we check the configuration information on SFB client, there is no EWS external url details (for problematic user). Also for this user in registry under sip account, there is no key created for Autodiscovery.

I assume this is the main issue. If the autodiscovery works properly for problematic user, the issue related to calendar sync will be fixed. One more point to be notified is both these users are in same pool in the SFB server.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Thanks Evan for the time you are giving for assisting me.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:41 AM
  • Hi sj.admin,

You could try to run the following cmdlet to validate the partner application relationship between Exchange and SFB server: Test-CsExStorageConnectivity -SipUri "sip:user@domain.com" -Verbose. If it could pass, you could try to reset the outlook profile and delete the SFB caches in the PC and then try again. If the test could not pass, you need to check the error and find the details about this. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, November 26, 2018 6:55 AM
  • Hello Evan,

From where should I run the said command ?

Could you please advise on the same ? Thank you.

SJ

Monday, November 26, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Hi Evan,

As I mentioned earlier, I don't have an on premise Exchange Server. It is in Office365 where as Lync server 2010 is on premise.

If I run the above said command using both SIP id's separately (working and not working users), the test fails.

Monday, November 26, 2018 9:41 AM
  • Hi sj.admin,

According to your description, we suspect this problem is related to integration between the Lync Server 2010 and Exchange online. I suggest you could try to check the configuration. You could follow the following blog to find the details: Update: Configuring On-Premises Lync Server 2010 Integration with Exchange Online.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:28 AM
  • Hi Evan,

If the configuration at Server side is wrong, how come other users are able to sign in properly and calendar/meeting sync issues not coming.

Actually this is an confusing issue.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:20 AM
  • Hi sj.admin,

As most of users in your environment have this issue, so we guess this issue may be related to the server side. You could also check the policies which are assigned to those users.

In addition, if the users who have those problems are using the same version of SFB client, you could try to use other version.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, December 7, 2018 7:20 AM
  • Hi ,

This issue is not yet resolved.

We tried with other outlook versions. The result is same. We did try re creating the user in LYNC admin console.

Could you suggest the locations where we need to check in the server ? We did check the attribute section and compared with users for whom it is working. All are same.

Please advice if someone finds any article or solution for this issue.

Thanks for all the suggestions provided earlier.

Friday, July 5, 2019 9:05 AM