w3wp.exe high cpu & memory utilization exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo everyone
    In the last two weeks my exchange server 2007 (OS windows 2008 standard 64bit,Intel Xeon Processor 8GB memory) has slowed down because w3wp.exe is eating up CPU & memory resources the exchange server is patched up to service pack 3 rollup update 18-KB3078672,including rollup update 11- KB2873746 which Microsoft recommends will fix this issue, apple don’t seem to a solution and I have disabled all iPhones & iMacs from connecting to the server through active sync, exchange 2007 roll update 19 & 20 refused to install, the issue is well documented & I have tried the solutions put forward without much success 
    Anyone with any ideas or solution?

thanks tonnie

Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Can you check the IIS logs as well to see what else you can pickup? You can use log parser to see what users are syncing or causing the issues.

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, August 19, 2016 6:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, September 2, 2016 7:44 AM
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Edward, please take the following KB and blogs for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/2711053

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2012/01/31/a-script-to-troubleshoot-issues-with-exchange-activesync/ 

Hope it’s helpful.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jason Chao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Monday, August 29, 2016 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, September 2, 2016 7:44 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2016 6:10 AM
  • Thanks Jason let me try and revert with results 
    • Edited by tndong Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:25 AM
  • Hi Edward will go through the IIS logs as suggested thanks 
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue? If the solution helped, if so, please help to mark as answer, it'll be helpful and easily to search for others, thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Jason Chao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 29, 2016 9:16 AM