none
Virtualization Technology not enables

Question

• I want to run a virtual machine on my windows 7 professional, I received an error message that "you pc does not have vt enabled. what can I do to enable it? I am operating HP EliteBook 8460p. Please, I need your help.
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This option is in the BIOS of your laptop normally. This is normally the procedure for HP:

Enable virtualization in the BIOS
    To run Virtual PC/VMWare in Windows 7, the virtualization must be enabled in the BIOS. Follow these steps to make sure virtualization is enabled.
    1. Shut down the computer and turn it back on. Repeatedly press esc key at startup.
    2. Press the F10 key for BIOS Setup.
    3. Press the right arrow key to System Configuration , select Virtualization Technology and then press the enter key.
    4. Select Enabled and press the enter key.
    5. Press the F10 key and select Yes and press the enter key to save changes.

There are more people asking for the same thing. If its greyed out you might need to do a BIOS update to get it to work.

Hope i could be of assistance.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This option is in the BIOS of your laptop normally. This is normally the procedure for HP:

Enable virtualization in the BIOS
    To run Virtual PC/VMWare in Windows 7, the virtualization must be enabled in the BIOS. Follow these steps to make sure virtualization is enabled.
    1. Shut down the computer and turn it back on. Repeatedly press esc key at startup.
    2. Press the F10 key for BIOS Setup.
    3. Press the right arrow key to System Configuration , select Virtualization Technology and then press the enter key.
    4. Select Enabled and press the enter key.
    5. Press the F10 key and select Yes and press the enter key to save changes.

There are more people asking for the same thing. If its greyed out you might need to do a BIOS update to get it to work.

Hope i could be of assistance.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:10 PM
  • As Just an IT guy mentioned, you could try the method to check if it helps.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 1, 2016 9:33 AM