Outlook not connecting to Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a client that is using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (v16.0.10325.20118) installed on a Server 2012 R2 RDS. When a single user attempts to open Outlook in online mode they get the following error message.

When I configure their Outlook client to use cached mode the Outlook client opens however no emails download. All other users of the RDS have no issues. I have deleted the user profile from the RDS which created a new profile upon first login and when you open Outlook you get the same error message.

I used the Outlook Connectivity website (https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/) and it came up with the following error message "The address book Bind operation failed with status -2147467259". I have currently not found a fix for this and not sure what is causing this.

Thanks

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:49 AM
    Monday, December 10, 2018 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hello, 

Please run the following command in Exchange server to get Exchange GUID:

Get-Mailbox UserA | FL Identity,ExchangeGuid

Then open Outlook, click File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Change (If you can’t open Outlook, go to Control <g class="gr_ gr_132 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="132" id="132">Pane</g> > Mail to change it). In Server Settings, import the ExchangeGuid@domain.com into the Server box and click Check Name to have a try.

If the name is checked successfully but also can’t open the profile, please close Outlook. In the Start menu, Run command (Windows key + R), type or paste

outlook.exe /<g class="gr_ gr_133 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="133" id="133">resetnavpane</g>  (Note: Make sure there is a space between the words.)

Then press Enter (or OK button) to restart Outlook

Regards,

Monday, December 10, 2018 11:30 AM
  • Hello,

Already tried this, unfortunately it doesn't work. The Outlook profile is created however you cannot change the server address as its greyed out and prevents you from changing it. I have deleted the Outlook profile and created it again and this doesn't work either.

Using the outlook.exe /resetnavpane switch produces the same error from my first post.

Thanks

• Edited by Madball188 Monday, December 10, 2018 2:39 PM
    Monday, December 10, 2018 2:29 PM
  • Hi Madball188,

If you add another account to this problematic client or configure this account to another client, will same error occur? This helps determine whether the issue lies on Outlook client or this specific account.

For Office 365, we cannot change server information directly on Outlook client. According to my research, you can try moving your mailbox to another database to test the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Hello,

I have tested this users account on a Windows 10 computer with Office 365 ProPlus installed and the Outlook profile wizard completes however when Outlook attempts to open you get the following error message.

This has occurred on a Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS server and a Windows 10 computer with the same version of Office.

An additional note that I will add, the user in question also has a Windows 7 computer with Outlook 2010 and this seems to work perfectly.

It looks like an issue with her mailbox in Outlook 365 ProPlus, what could be causing this?

Thanks

• Edited by Madball188 Wednesday, December 12, 2018 4:30 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 12:00 PM
  • I have run an New-MailboxRepairRequest against the users mailbox on the Exchange server this morning to see if there was any corruption in the mailbox itself and it reports no corruption.

My final test is to export her mailbox to PST, delete her mailbox and create a new blank mailbox and then import parts of her historical email overtime to see if it breaks again.

So any other checks I could try would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of ideas.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:33 PM
  • Hi Madball188,

>>This has occurred on a Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS server and a Windows 10 computer with the same version of Office.

What's the detailed version of Office? Is this account an O365 account?

When using Windows 10, we can test to add this account to Mail app and see if it can work correctly. 

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:41 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2018 8:09 AM