none
Excel PowerQuery constant "Privacy levels" popups RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a beginner in the PQ realm, but couldn't help myself asking this. Running Office365 suite and Win10.<o:p></o:p>

When launching a simple PowerQuery to import basic Excel table from worksheet A to worksheet B, everything works (Get Data - From File - From Workbook). Both workbooks are on network drives, no issues at all, data is refreshed just fine.<o:p></o:p>

However I need to make the query a bit more complex. I have a separate table with a single value in worksheet B and this value is meant to be a row filter. This table/range is named Search_range, I did the "drill-down" function in PQ and again, it technically works. M-code is as following: #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [desc] = Search_range)<o:p></o:p>

The problem I have is that after adding this filtering, I'm CONSTANTLY getting the „Privacy levels“ popup when launching query. Unfortunately being a new user, I cant post a screenshot.<o:p></o:p>

Sure, I can choose Public or Organizational and save the workbook. It will work (e.g. after re-opening, it won't prompt me again). However when workbook B is opened from another PC, do I not only get this popup again there (doing this once per PC would be fine), but after saving the file from a different PC, those settings will be lost for the first PC again.<o:p></o:p>

The key appears to be Excel Query options - Global - Privacy settings. I experience this both with "Always combine data according to your Privacy Level settings for each source" and "Combine data according to each file's Privacy Level settings"<o:p></o:p>

In case the PC has the 3rd option turned on: "Always ignore Privacy Level settings" I won't get any more popups, however I'm not confident this is the most secure way to handle this.<o:p></o:p>

Am I overlooking some security setting? Thanks a lot!<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:24 AM

Answers

All replies