Freeze Count and Freeze Level RRS feed

• General discussion

• From the description of Freeze level, I can begin to understand it's purpose and use.  What I don't have is any data for any user.  Has this been implemented in the latest hotfix?  How does the data get populated?  I believe this data could be useful in our environment, but only if I have some. 

Also, if anyone has begun using this data, how did you set it up and how are you using it?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:30 PM

All replies

• No one at Microsoft in the product department knows what this is for?
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:19 PM
  • There are several attributes for people resources that come with FIM out-the-box. Some of them are tied to specific product functionality and others are just there as a convenience. There will usually be other attributes you want to add, and almost always several that you don't use. There are even 'duplicates' like "sn" and "LastName" depending if you like the LDAP-style names or more obvious names.

From what I've seen the 'Freeze Level' attribute is one of those convenience items and doesn't seem to be tied to a FIM feature.

Anyone know otherwise?

Frank C. Drewes III - Senior Consultant: Oxford Computer Group
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:40 PM
  • On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:40:06 +0000, Frank  Drewes wrote:

From what I've seen the 'Freeze Level' attribute is one of those convenience items and doesn't seem to be tied to a FIM feature.

Anyone know otherwise?

It has something to do with passwords and I know I've had this conversation
    in the past, but I can't recall where that was. :-)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee380071(v=prot.10).aspx

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    RAM: A male sheep.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:50 PM
  • According to the Schema (and I think the attribute description is placed on the wrong attribute) Freeze Count (an INT) "Tracks the number of times the user has unsuccessfully attempted to run an AuthN WF".  Freeze Level (a STRING) would describe the amount of functionality that has been disabled due to those unsuccessful attemtps.

Doug Seelinger

Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:47 PM