none
Moving or Copy from One Project Server Online Instance or Tenant to Another RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Has anyone tried to move or copy an instance or tenant of Project Server Online to another instance or tenant of Project Server Online?

We have been recommended FluentPro's FluentBooks for this.  Has anyone had any experience with doing or using this?

Spiro.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Thursday, December 11, 2014 1:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I have clients that have done this before and clients that are planning to do this (client currently in the implementation phase) using Fluent Pros tool. Fluent Pro's tools will save a lot of manual effort and the only other option currently to date is to reconfigured the other online instance manually.

Fluent Pro's tool will easily copy over all of the Project Online instance config, if you have custom look at feel for PWA, custom pages, custom lists etc., these will need to be manually recreated on the target instance.

If you have anything specific you need to copy over, give the Fluent Pro guys a call to see if their tool will do it out of the box or see if they can customise the tool to meet your requirements...

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, December 12, 2014 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have clients that have done this before and clients that are planning to do this (client currently in the implementation phase) using Fluent Pros tool. Fluent Pro's tools will save a lot of manual effort and the only other option currently to date is to reconfigured the other online instance manually.

Fluent Pro's tool will easily copy over all of the Project Online instance config, if you have custom look at feel for PWA, custom pages, custom lists etc., these will need to be manually recreated on the target instance.

If you have anything specific you need to copy over, give the Fluent Pro guys a call to see if their tool will do it out of the box or see if they can customise the tool to meet your requirements...

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, December 12, 2014 9:05 AM
  • Hello Spiro,

We would be more than happy to offer you a 72 hr evaluation license with all feature to try the software.  You can move:

- Project Online configuration

- Projects (project schedules)

- Any SharePoint content, including project sites.

Feel free to contact us or me directly here.

Thanks!

Anton Kravtsov

FluentPro

Products for Project Server 2010/2013: Business Intelligence, Management and Migration. Implementation & custom development. http://www.ProjectServerBlog.com

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:48 AM
  • Thank you.  Either myself or someone fom PMC will be in touch. 

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:07 PM