One USB port doesn´t power down RRS feed

• Question

• Usually external USB drives power down during hibernation. But on this PC with 2 USB3 and 1 USB2 ports, the one USB3 does not power down. And in device manager for USB: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" are enabled for all the USB drivers. So what´s keeping the one USB3 port lid during hibernation?
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you can try to boot in safe mode for test, if USB3 can power off when computer go to hibernate, your problem probably caused by program installed on your computer. if not, you may need to upgrade your motherboard Bios driver for test.

• Marked as answer by cancup Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:55 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:14 AM

All replies

• Check the BIOS.  My pc does this as well, though its a desktop, and I even had an older (2005) pc do the same thing.  The manufacturers usually do this for ease of charging your handhelds and occasionally they provide options in the BIOS to turn off that USB port.  Also, its sometimes related to being able to wake the PC with a keyboard or mouse as they are sometimes USB.  So, again, convenience from the manufacturer.

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

• Edited by Chris DeCarlo Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:04 PM clarity
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

you can try to boot in safe mode for test, if USB3 can power off when computer go to hibernate, your problem probably caused by program installed on your computer. if not, you may need to upgrade your motherboard Bios driver for test.

• Marked as answer by cancup Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:55 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:14 AM