none
How do I remove custom images from Windows 8 lock screen

Question

• I have a personal photos on the lock screen and account picture that I want to delete but cannot figure out how to remove them. I have read through dozens of solutions and there is no option to delete them I have deleted all skydrive data, removed my computer from the skydrive sync options, and looked in the c:\windows\Web\screen folder but still have no solution.

How do I get rid of them?

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For the issue, the current user account picture (tile image) is stored in the hidden folder below.

C:\Users\Public\Public Account Pictures\S-1-5-21.......(GUID for user account)

The recent user account pictures used for your account are stored in the hidden folder below.

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

The default user account picture images are in the hidden system folder below.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Default Account Pictures

I suggest you select a new picture to update your account picture.

1.On your Start screen, click on your user tile at the top right corner, click on Change account picture.

2.On the Personalize, then click "Browse" to select a new picture.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

• You may try third party tool like:

Lock Screen Customizer for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:59 PM
  • Hi,

For the issue, the current user account picture (tile image) is stored in the hidden folder below.

C:\Users\Public\Public Account Pictures\S-1-5-21.......(GUID for user account)

The recent user account pictures used for your account are stored in the hidden folder below.

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

The default user account picture images are in the hidden system folder below.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Default Account Pictures

I suggest you select a new picture to update your account picture.

1.On your Start screen, click on your user tile at the top right corner, click on Change account picture.

2.On the Personalize, then click "Browse" to select a new picture.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 7:46 AM