Modifying Word 2007 command for Save as PDF/XPS using a macro RRS feed

• Question

• I want to code macros to replace the functionality of the File Save As commands, using the name of the commands as the name of the macros.  I have been successful with all but the command to save (publish) the document as a PDF/XPS.  I have not been able to determine what the name of this command is so that I can give my macro the same name.  Can anyone tell me this?

(I am using these replacement commands to prevent the Save as functionality when coming from a specific directory).

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:09 PM

Answers

• This is a shot in the dark, but I think that you will have to modify the Command XML (might not be the correct term).  You can obtain the identifier by downloading the Office 2010 Help Files: Office Fluent User Interface Control Identifiers from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3f2fe784-610e-4bf1-8143-41e481993ac6&displaylang=en

That is a more complete list than the one for Office 2007 that can be downloaded from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=4329D9E9-4D11-46A5-898D-23E4F331E9AE&displaylang=en,but, the IDs are for the most part the same.--Hope this helps.Doug Robbins - Word MVP,dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]orgPosted via the Community Bridge"MaryKate110" wrote in messagenews:5fa38210-5450-45d6-a2e3-d8e5ae8fb0aa@communitybridge.codeplex.com...> I want to code macros to replace the functionality of the File Save Ascommands, using the name of the commands as the name of the macros.  I havebeen successful with all but the command to save (publish) the document as aPDF/XPS.  I have not been able to determine what the name of this command isso that I can give my macro the same name.  Can anyone tell me this?>> (I am using these replacement commands to prevent the Save asfunctionality when coming from a specific directory).

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, December 2, 2010 6:55 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:53 PM