Relay Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application server that needs to relay notification email through our Exchange 2010 server. I setup a receive connector on the hub transport server for the server I want to relay. The messages coming from the application server are delayed for long periods of time for some reason. I am not having this issue with SMTP mail to and from the Internet or when sending and receiving to internal users. Never had the issue with our old Exchange 2003 server. How do I resolve this issue?
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:08 PM

Answers

• They eventually get there, but it could be a day or two later. One thing I found was our old Exchange 2003 server was never removed from the organization. It still has a connector for the application server that needs to relay the mail. I wonder if this is the cause?
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Friday, June 25, 2010 10:16 AM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:09 PM
  • Hi,

Try to look at these aspects .. you may be able to fix the issue.

Are you able to send mail using telnet from the server where the applicaiton is installed.

Are you getting that mails immeditaly ?

Do you have any kind of firewall / TLS / Secure connection settings in the application server ?

All the Best :)

Sathish Kumar Elango | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging | http://msexchangehelp.wordpress.com
    Monday, June 21, 2010 1:26 PM

All replies

• Are the messages arriving to their destination eventually? or are they just queued up in the hub-transport?

Regards,

Emil

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:53 PM
  • They eventually get there, but it could be a day or two later. One thing I found was our old Exchange 2003 server was never removed from the organization. It still has a connector for the application server that needs to relay the mail. I wonder if this is the cause?
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Friday, June 25, 2010 10:16 AM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:09 PM
  • Hi WillWally,

In my opinion, you are right, you could use one of them, and then make a test.

Regards!
    gavin
    Monday, June 21, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

Try to look at these aspects .. you may be able to fix the issue.

Are you able to send mail using telnet from the server where the applicaiton is installed.

Are you getting that mails immeditaly ?

Do you have any kind of firewall / TLS / Secure connection settings in the application server ?

All the Best :)

Sathish Kumar Elango | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging | http://msexchangehelp.wordpress.com
    Monday, June 21, 2010 1:26 PM
  • Hi WillWally,

Any update for your issue?

Regards!
    gavin
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:53 AM