none
DPM 2010 Backups Fail on Client/Workstations but works fine on server OS's RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DPM 2010 server running on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I currently have 3 Protection Groups containing all of my important servers which back up to disk short term and Tape long term.  These 3 server protection groups were set up using mostly defaults and i have had no problem with them.

I have recently added a Client (Workstations not servers) protection group to try to backup one of my workstations. I have used all the default settings for this group.  This Workstation backup group fails every time it tries to syncronize/backup.  The only recovery point available for my workstation is the one that I kicked off manually from the DPM server admin console.  If i try to run a sync job from the client it will fail. All scheduled backups/syncs have failed also.  This has been going on for 6 days now.

The only folder i am backing up currently in this group is Documents.

Error messages on Admin Console:

"Computers are not syncronized"

Detailed error:

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570))

I do not know how to proceed with troubleshooting this issues because all errors are generic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:37 PM

Answers

• It looks like the volume DPM created for this computer is damaged. Please run a chkdsk on this volume. Be sure to mount it first. (CHKDSK needs a drive letter)

The fastest way is to remove this computer from the protection group and add it again. Because the volume seems corrupted you can delete te data when you remove it.

Hope this helps!

Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:38 PM

All replies

• It looks like the volume DPM created for this computer is damaged. Please run a chkdsk on this volume. Be sure to mount it first. (CHKDSK needs a drive letter)

The fastest way is to remove this computer from the protection group and add it again. Because the volume seems corrupted you can delete te data when you remove it.

Hope this helps!

Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:38 PM
  • Hi,

If the steps Marthijn gave did not help, try running a consistency check and if it errors please report the error back here.

How many clients are in the protection group?

Thanks,

Marc

Thursday, December 1, 2011 4:36 PM