none
unable to Open the project from PWA site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

Hope any one can assist me with below,.

We have project server 2019 and project professional 2016 MSI client (16.0.4266.1003, 16.0.4266.1001). 

we are unable to open the project from the PWA site, however we can able to open from the client (browse to server and open the which ever we are working on). 

i have Cleared the Cache and Tested from all the browsers still we have same issue "Sorry, we were unable to open your project. Please try again. if this happens agian, Contact your administrator". 

i have tested the same with click to run version, i can able to open the projects from PWA site. 

any inputs please.

Regards,

vinay

Monday, January 27, 2020 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hi RS Team.

That error message is too vague to provide you with some useful information.
    If a correlation ID is displayed along with the error message, look for that ID within the SharePoint ULS logs: it could provide you with more detailed information about the root cause; if no correlation ID is displayed, look in the "Application" log of the Windows Event Viewer of the SharePoint servers for any record that could be related to that error.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, January 27, 2020 11:55 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your response. 

there is no clue in ULS logs or events. i am using project professional 2016 and this is supported for the sharepoint 2019. 

i should be able to open the project in my MS project professional client from PWA site with one click. however its thrown as error as above. i have microsoft support ticket is opened, however no one responded till now.

Regards

Monday, January 27, 2020 2:19 PM