SPLWOW64.EXE Application Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am using an Asus i7 laptop using Windows 7 64bit Home Pre and a Samsung 3175 color networked laser printer. My first notice of the problem was printing using a 32bit program. I got a repeating splwow64.exe application error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000006. I then tried my Office 2010 32bit. Same error. Per direction from reading, I uninstalled Office and reinstalled Office 2010 64bit. I can now print using Office. I still can't print from any other program I have tired. Article ID: 979681 says that perhaps if I try the Hotfix listed there it might fix my problem. Can I request the hot fix from here? If so I am requesting it. So far I have not found a fix for my printing troubles. Also, printing a test page and installing the printer all works.

• Edited by PaiaDave Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:55 AM
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

Generally, when we click this link above, we will be redirected to the following website:

So, please use the three options above to get the hotfix.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Cloud_TS Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:06 AM

All replies

• It states right in the article how to obtain the Hotfix:

Hotfix information

<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ loadTOCNode(2, 'resolution'); ]]></script> A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.

To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

All you do is click on the link and follow the instructions.
    Hotfixes are not distributed via forums.  Forums are for questions and discussions.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 6:20 PM
  • Dear RicK. And I agree that using the http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support is how to request the hotfix. I clicked the link, after telling of my need, I was presented four options. Email, chat, fourms, and social something. I choose this fourm and by doing so that is how I got here. Email and chat wanted could charge money so I choose this fourm. Perhaps I did something wrong? I am having trouble with this probem. Thanks for the reply and help.

David

• Edited by PaiaDave Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:23 AM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 11:01 PM
  • Hi David,

Generally, when we click this link above, we will be redirected to the following website:

So, please use the three options above to get the hotfix.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Cloud_TS Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:06 AM
  • I am having the same problem.

I need this hotfix, and trying the various "contact" options, I am asked to charge $259 to my credit card before I can "chat" or "phone" Microsoft.

The only other option is this forum.

How can I obtain this hotfix?

Thanks for any help,

Cara

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:14 PM