none
Performance Point 2010 SSRS in Report Center mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this.... but I should be able to browse directly to an individual report in Report Center mode, without having to install SSRS in SharePoint integrated mode. However, I am not able to like I was able to with Performance Point 2007

I don’t even see Report URL box in the new SharePoint 2010 designer. Must I install SSRS in SP Integrated mode to browse to a particular report? I don’t want to brose ALL reports, just specify the path to a particular .rdl file

-          Thanks in advance

Monday, September 2, 2013 3:22 PM

All replies

• With SSRS Integrated Mode you specify the URL path to the RDL file, with Report Center (Report Manager) Mode you specify the URL for the ReportServer and then Browse for the RDL file and select it.

Dan English's BI Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 12:48 AM
  • Thanks Dan,

The issue is that using SharePoint Integrated mode in Dashboard Designer for PPS 2010 I don't see the two different textboxes, I only see one Report URL textbox. And when I type in the path to rdl file and hit Preview I get an error:   Unable to connect to server

So, in 2007 PP there were 2 textboxes: 1. Report Server URL and 2. Report URL ( this is the rest of the path to the .rdl file ) That works in SharePoint Integrated mode

In 2010 PPS there's only 1 textbox: Reort URL  ( this is the whole path to the .rdl ) and does not work in SharePoint Integrated mode.

Must I install SSRS in SharePoint Integrated mode to preview reports in SharePoint Integrated dropdown in Dashboard Designer?

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:04 AM
  • Dan, actually I found your post here that describes similar issue, but also unresolved:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/6388d923-3868-4921-bfaa-1152bcb61499/error-integrating-ssrs-reports-into-performancepoint-pic

I now see that "August 2011 CU for SharePoint that removed the SharePoint Report Server URL section"

I also understand that http://<Server Name>/<Site Name>/_vti_bin/ReportServer is the SharePoint Integrated mode endpoint that reports need to point to... but we're still on SSRS 2008, so this is not Denali and doesn't apply

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2011/08/18/using-reporting-services-in-sharepoint-integrated-mode-with-pps-2010-with-sql-server-denali-ctp3.aspx

In SharePoint Integrated mode in Dashboard Designer I get "UNable to connect" just like Bill Folderson, still unclear why

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 2:43 AM
  • You are not using SP mode though, you are trying to connect to Report Manager, so this option is not going to work for you.  You need to switch the the Report Center mode.

And yes, the ReportServer URL for the SharePoint mode was remove a long time ago with the CU.  Since it is integrated in SharePoint you simply need to specify the URL to the RDL in SharePoint.  But you are not using that integration.

Dan English's BI Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:29 PM