Error Create Database when publish topology "no such interface supported" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I install new SFB front end Server Ent Edition with my CMS still on Lync 2013,

when I create new topology at SFB for the first time, this erro below show

my SQL version is SQL 2014 SP2

please help :)

THanks

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:24 AM

Answers

• are domains trusted and can SFB server ping sql in the other domain?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, March 5, 2018 11:28 AM
  • Hi Ichwan,

Agree with Off2work,backend database should join the domain same with front end server<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:40 AM

All replies

• FYI, My SFB Server and SQL Server placed in different domain

Thanks

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:28 AM
  • are domains trusted and can SFB server ping sql in the other domain?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, March 5, 2018 11:28 AM
  • Hi Ichwan,

Agree with Off2work,backend database should join the domain same with front end server<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:40 AM
  • Server already trusted and can ping without issue,

but i already find article that explain SFB FE and BE must be in the same domain

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933894.aspx 

So, this statement answer my question I think

Thanks All

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:52 AM