none
Identify printers and other devices except computer, Laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am running a MAP Tool inventory using IP subnet and get lot of machine with Access denied and connection refused. While checking manually I found that some of them are printers etc.....is their a way to filter out the computer and Laptop from this inventory list rather than manually checking them all?

Kindly suggest....

Thanks,

Gaurav J

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 5:57 PM

Answers

• I’m afraid there isn’t any way to filter IP addresses other than manually. One thing you could try is to generate the hardware summary Excel report and filter the list to only include the real machines. Then copy the host names into a text file. Now start a new database in MAP and use the import file discovery method so MAP will only try to inventory those host names. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:44 AM

All replies

• I’m afraid there isn’t any way to filter IP addresses other than manually. One thing you could try is to generate the hardware summary Excel report and filter the list to only include the real machines. Then copy the host names into a text file. Now start a new database in MAP and use the import file discovery method so MAP will only try to inventory those host names. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:44 AM
  • Hi Micheal,

Thanks for the information!!

Could you please confirm whether their are any third party software to distuiguish the same as manually checking the whole thing inventory is diffcult as ard 1700 machines shows insufficient data.

Regards,

Gaurav

Sunday, June 10, 2012 5:00 PM
  • Hi Micheal,

Could you please suggest how to filter the real machines from the hardware summary report.

Regards,

Gaurav J

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:42 AM
  • I'm not familiar with other tools, sorry.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Do you have AD DS? If so, you could use that as a discovery method instead. Otherwise there isn't a way to know about something that cannot be inventoried.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:49 PM