outlook - permissions for organizer RRS feed

• Question

• How do you give permission for another person to allow them to cancell meetings if needed, even if they are not the organizer that created the reocurring meetings?

Monday, August 11, 2014 3:45 PM

Answers

• I'm able to do it like this (I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for however):

+++

Logon as User A. Open Outlook. Go to Calendar section

In User A's calendar, grant User B edit permissions (other permissions may work here as well).

In User A's calendar, create an appointment (August 15th, at 10:00 for example).

User A closes Outlook, logs off

+++

Logon as User B. Open Outlook. Go to Calendar section

Open User A's calendar.

Open the appointment and select "Cancel Appointment".

+++

This worked fine in my test environment.

I'm assuming you know how to right click on the calendar and adjust permissions. I don't have time to post screenshots but ask questions for clarification if necessary.

EDIT - my appointment was not recurring but I think that would make no difference.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by David M (LePivert) Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:14 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy.Wang Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Monday, August 25, 2014 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with David. You can use the following two methods to let users (except organizer) cancel the recurring meeting.

1. Give the user full mailbox permission, and open the meeting via Outlook to cancel the meeting.

2. Grant the user delegate permission to the organizer, give he/she Editor or Owner permission of the calendar, and then you can open the calendar of the organizer in Outlook. You can double click it in Calendar tab and cancel the meeting.

For more information, here is a helpful thread for your reference:

Allow someone else to manage your mail and calendar

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/allow-someone-else-to-manage-your-mail-and-calendar-HA010075081.aspx

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Monday, August 25, 2014 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:23 AM

All replies

• I'm able to do it like this (I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for however):

+++

Logon as User A. Open Outlook. Go to Calendar section

In User A's calendar, grant User B edit permissions (other permissions may work here as well).

In User A's calendar, create an appointment (August 15th, at 10:00 for example).

User A closes Outlook, logs off

+++

Logon as User B. Open Outlook. Go to Calendar section

Open User A's calendar.

Open the appointment and select "Cancel Appointment".

+++

This worked fine in my test environment.

I'm assuming you know how to right click on the calendar and adjust permissions. I don't have time to post screenshots but ask questions for clarification if necessary.

EDIT - my appointment was not recurring but I think that would make no difference.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by David M (LePivert) Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:14 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy.Wang Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Monday, August 25, 2014 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with David. You can use the following two methods to let users (except organizer) cancel the recurring meeting.

1. Give the user full mailbox permission, and open the meeting via Outlook to cancel the meeting.

2. Grant the user delegate permission to the organizer, give he/she Editor or Owner permission of the calendar, and then you can open the calendar of the organizer in Outlook. You can double click it in Calendar tab and cancel the meeting.

For more information, here is a helpful thread for your reference:

Allow someone else to manage your mail and calendar

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/allow-someone-else-to-manage-your-mail-and-calendar-HA010075081.aspx

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Monday, August 25, 2014 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:23 AM