create document library not available RRS feed

• Question

• We use MOSS 2007. I would like to create a new document library in a site.

But I found there is no option for creating document library after I click create, all I can see only one column called  web pages: basic page, webn partpage, sites and workspaces, and publishing page.

It seems I can only create web pages.

But in our other site, I can create all kinds of libraries, annoucements, custom lists plus the web pages.

How can I make these options available.

Earlier I moved this site from a site collection of another web application to this new web application as a top site collecti
    Thanks
    Monday, November 30, 2009 10:07 PM

Answers

• By the sound of what you are seeing as available on the Create screen, it appears that either you do NOT have Owner access to the site or the Collaboration Feature might not be enabled.
    Ensure you have Owner permissions to the site and/or Site Collection Administrator rights.
    If it still doesn't show up, navigate to the Site Features page and enable the Collaboration componentes Feature.  This should make all the standard collaboration components available on the publishing site.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
    C
    http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 2:40 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• By the sound of what you are seeing as available on the Create screen, it appears that either you do NOT have Owner access to the site or the Collaboration Feature might not be enabled.
    Ensure you have Owner permissions to the site and/or Site Collection Administrator rights.
    If it still doesn't show up, navigate to the Site Features page and enable the Collaboration componentes Feature.  This should make all the standard collaboration components available on the publishing site.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
    C
    http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 2:40 AM
    Answerer
  • That is very helpful. I have the system admin rights. So apparently it's the feature setup.

Actually for now I only need items like to create document library, list, but not those team collabortion feature like discussion board, wikki yet.

So I compared with another web appliction , I noticed I need to add some more features to this current web application- top site collection.

1. Then at the top site collection feature, besides the publishing infrasture feature that is already existing, I added all other features like Office sharepoint server Enterprise site collection feature etc. After doing this,  in any subsite, on Create menu I can see doucment library and list etc, that's what I want.
     Does this mean by adding the feature all subsites has the document library and list feature?

2. In the original web application I did a little bit experimenting for site features site up, but I think I made a mistake: here is what I did:   in the site setting -site feature, I can see only publish infrasutre feature, so I enabled team collaboration site features, then I saw many features come out like wikki, discussion board, but that's not what I want, then I deactivated the team collaboration. Now I see on  create menu, only create web pages are available.

I can no longer see document library and list which are like I described in 1. I thought they should be still there since the top site collection has enterprise site collection feature active.

How can I make only document libary and list come out again ?

Thanks
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 3:31 PM