Q: "General Notifacation" prompt re: "Temperature Probe Exceeded Non-Critical Threshold"... RRS feed

• Question

• While using the internet, Firefox, w/ multiple tabs open and in use, i often get a random & repeated tab that lights up titled, "General Notification".

when i open it, it advises that..."A temperature probe has exceeded a non-critical threshold to address."

that's it.  no directions to resolve except to notify IT.  obviously it's not good, b/c it slows down the entire network. 

Anyone have advice or suggestions how to solve this frustrating issue?  Greatly appreciated....

Saturday, March 26, 2011 3:36 AM

All replies

• your computer is starting to over heat.
    probably needs cleaning.

--

mikeyshd

While using the internet, Firefox, w/ multiple tabs open and in use, i often get a random & repeated tab that lights up titled, "General Notification".

when i open it, it advises that..."A temperature probe has exceeded a non-critical threshold to address."

that's it.  no directions to resolve except to notify IT.  obviously it's not good, b/c it slows down the entire network. 

Anyone have advice or suggestions how to solve this frustrating issue?  Greatly appreciated....

Saturday, March 26, 2011 12:27 PM