none
IE 10 Error on SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i keep on getting errors on IE with SharePoint 2010.

Not sure if it is just on SharePoint but SharePoint 2013 seems fine.

Error:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 10.0.9200.16660, time stamp: 0x51f1c5f3

Faulting module name: OLEAUT32.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16657, time stamp: 0x51d366c4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00008f2d

Faulting process id: 0x250

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce9fd8802764ef

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\OLEAUT32.dll

Report Id: 2770fecf-0bcc-11e3-be90-f01faf05b4b5

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Friday, August 23, 2013 8:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As Robert Aldwinckle said, I suggest you can try the above method firstly.

Meanwhile, I would like suggest you try the solution from the link below about a similar case to narrow down the issue.

Internet Explorer 10 crashing

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/64110778-436c-4134-8979-a032b666f194/internet-explorer-10-crashing

If the issue persists, follow these steps to enable the user-mode dump file when Internet Explorer crashes.

1. Click Start, input regedit in the search box, press Enter

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting

3. Right-click Windows Error Reporting, choose New Key, name it LocalDumps.

4. Right-click LocalDumps, choose New Key, name it Explorer.exe

5. Click Explorer.exe, on the right pane, right-click choose New Expandable String Value, name it Dump Folder.

6. Double-click Dump Folder, set the value date: C:\LocalDumps

If the Internet Explorer crashes again, upload this C:\LocalDumps folder so that we can help you analyze them.

NOTE: I highly recommend you use SkyDrive to upload collected files and to post screen shots/pictures. Although you might not be used to it, SkyDrive features a lot of free advanced functionality around file storage capacity, sharing, privacy, and collaboration:

http://skydrive.com

Regards,

Kelvin_Hsu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:50 AM

All replies

Another poster recently told us that the name.dll  was causing this.  It is registerable but I don't think that is what the poster used in the resolution...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_8/ie10-crash-and-reload-tab-cause-by-oleaut32dll/8c6da696-5749-444d-bc0f-d17084bbd8c6?page=2

(Google search for
        oleaut32 "name.dll" sharepoint aldwinckle site:answers.microsoft.com
    )

Gad.  Search for that, knowing it was there, was painful.  Google nailed it but of course I started with Microsoft search and BING which were both completely ineffective in finding current content.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, August 23, 2013 2:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

As Robert Aldwinckle said, I suggest you can try the above method firstly.

Meanwhile, I would like suggest you try the solution from the link below about a similar case to narrow down the issue.

Internet Explorer 10 crashing

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/64110778-436c-4134-8979-a032b666f194/internet-explorer-10-crashing

If the issue persists, follow these steps to enable the user-mode dump file when Internet Explorer crashes.

1. Click Start, input regedit in the search box, press Enter

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting

3. Right-click Windows Error Reporting, choose New Key, name it LocalDumps.

4. Right-click LocalDumps, choose New Key, name it Explorer.exe

5. Click Explorer.exe, on the right pane, right-click choose New Expandable String Value, name it Dump Folder.

6. Double-click Dump Folder, set the value date: C:\LocalDumps

If the Internet Explorer crashes again, upload this C:\LocalDumps folder so that we can help you analyze them.

NOTE: I highly recommend you use SkyDrive to upload collected files and to post screen shots/pictures. Although you might not be used to it, SkyDrive features a lot of free advanced functionality around file storage capacity, sharing, privacy, and collaboration:

http://skydrive.com

Regards,

Kelvin_Hsu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:50 AM

Another poster recently told us that the name.dll  was causing this.  It is registerable but I don't think that is what the poster used in the resolution...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_8/ie10-crash-and-reload-tab-cause-by-oleaut32dll/8c6da696-5749-444d-bc0f-d17084bbd8c6?page=2

(Google search for
        oleaut32 "name.dll" sharepoint aldwinckle site:answers.microsoft.com
    )

Gad.  Search for that, knowing it was there, was painful.  Google nailed it but of course I started with Microsoft search and BING which were both completely ineffective in finding current content.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thanks Guys, i am trying the above first.

Does not always happen all the time so will have to give it a few days.

i Disabled add o:

Will mark as answer if it helps.

Monday, August 26, 2013 6:49 AM
  • Ok, just crashed again...

Kelvin, just had a read threw that link you posted...

Going to try and rename the name.dll and then i can repair office if that solves it.

Monday, August 26, 2013 8:17 AM
  • Ok, i think renaming the name.dll worked.

Then i did a repair on Office and so far so good...!

Thanks

Monday, August 26, 2013 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

I went through the process of creating the localdumps key and adding the Expandable String Value, and the crash has happened again however there are no dump files created.

I've done it exactly as you described on your post for my Windows Explorer issue but nothing is generated from this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:31 PM