none
Secondary DPM server does not include all "Protected Servers" from Primary DPM server RRS feed

• Question

• Current configuration

PrimaryDPM:

Server 2012 Standard

MS Sys Center DPM 2012 R2

Secondary DPM

Server 2012 Standard

MS Sys Center DPM 2012 R2

I've recently installed the update to allow the backup of Server 2003 machines.  While setting up the Secondary server I receive an error: DPM is unable to enumerate contents in <three different strings of numbers> on the protected computer <primary DPM server>. I can click close and then select the Protected Servers from my Primary DPM but it does not populate all the servers being protected.  I have one of the Server 2003 machines and a couple of my 2012 but that is all.

Thanks in advance. 

Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did this secondary DPM Server ever protect a different primary DPM server that may have protected the machines not showing up ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:56 PM
  • Hey Mike,

No. These are the only DPM servers that have been deployed in the environment.  I created the Primary DPM, got the backups working on it then deployed the secondary. The most recent change was to update the DPMs to include the Server 2003 servers.

Thanks,

-Nathan

Monday, June 23, 2014 7:56 PM
  • Update:

I've resolved the enumerator error.  The drives listed were associated to some bare metal backup volumes.  I've removed those from the backups.  

I'm still not seeing all "Protected servers" on the secondary DPM server though.

-Nathan

Monday, July 14, 2014 6:58 PM