Can SteadyState hide the Programs in start menu classic... RRS feed

• Question

• Please take a look at this picture..
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3702/testhmw.png

I wish SteadyState can hide that Programs in the start menu, cause I'm really a fan of SteadyState and its really the best for Net Cafe... someone kind enough to help me on this..
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:15 AM

Answers

• If its empty, why bother trying to hide it? Steady State isn't able to do this, you may have to hide it through Group Policy. Type gpedit.msc in the Run box, and then under Administrative Templates from the left pane,  Start Menu and Taskbar should expand and on the right pane you will see Hide All Programs list from the Start menu. This is the path on a Vista machine and I'm assuming your image is XP, which may be slightly different.

Hope that helps,

Philip
    Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, December 21, 2009 2:22 AM
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:43 PM

All replies

• If its empty, why bother trying to hide it? Steady State isn't able to do this, you may have to hide it through Group Policy. Type gpedit.msc in the Run box, and then under Administrative Templates from the left pane,  Start Menu and Taskbar should expand and on the right pane you will see Hide All Programs list from the Start menu. This is the path on a Vista machine and I'm assuming your image is XP, which may be slightly different.

Hope that helps,

Philip
    Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, December 21, 2009 2:22 AM
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:43 PM
  • Yes, Windows SteadyState cannot remove it from Start Menu, however, you can try the solutions in the following thread:

How do I remove All Programs from appearing in Start Menu
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowssteadystate/thread/b694628c-0f34-419c-873c-8c5163a5261a

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:16 AM