none
FIMWAL to MIMWAL upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade from FIMWAL release for FIM2010 R2 SP1 to MIMWAL in our environment. Do I need to move in sequence of upgrade or shall I directly upgrade to "MIMWAL v2.18.0318.0".

Also I have read in build and deployment that all the workflow activity name are changed during MIMWAL v2 release such as Prefix "WAL : Create resource."  Due to this name changes it will break/remove the existing workflow activities. 

Kindly provide your recommendation on this

Thanks in Advance

Sridhar

Friday, April 27, 2018 3:12 PM

Answers

• You can directly deploy the latest version.. The UI name / change has no bearing on the runtime workflow functionality.
    Friday, April 27, 2018 3:59 PM
    Owner

All replies

• You can directly deploy the latest version.. The UI name / change has no bearing on the runtime workflow functionality.
    Friday, April 27, 2018 3:59 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Nilesh,

Currently I have FIM WAL 4.1.1906.0 which need to upgrade to MIMWAL. If I go for upgrade it will create new activity as per Register.PS1 with "WAL: Create Resource" and it will not replace the existing AIC.

Need your support for below queries:

1)Do I need to upgrade FIM WAL 2 and then only I can go for MIMWAL?

2)Shall I change by removing the $mimwalPrefix and fimwalprefix from below query? so it will fetch the Resourceactivity and perform upgrade

$existing = Export-FIMConfig –OnlyBaseResources -CustomConfig ("/ActivityInformationConfiguration[DisplayName = '$mimwalPrefix$displayName']", "/ActivityInformationConfiguration[DisplayName = '$fimwalPrefix$displayName']")

3)Need to update my existing activity displayName with suffix of FIMWAL2 to update assembly reference.

if ($existingDisplayName.Value.ToUpper().StartsWith("FIMWAL2"))

4) if I do step 2 and 3 it will work for us?

5) what is purpose of UpdateWorkflowXoml.ps1? It will update Xoml file of existing activity with MIMWAL displayname?

Regards,

Sridhar

Sridhar

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:41 PM