Windows XpHome / Reboot Problem > Solved with SP3 > Invalid COA Msg > ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an original Windows XP Home CD and COA that I use for my studio computer,

It crashed, I changed out the motherboard from an IDE version to a newer SATA board and a larger drive.

I encountered this error,

Constant Rebooting after copying windows setup files.

I did a lot of research on the web, found a fix in using Sp3.

So I grabbed Nlite, Slipstreamed in Sp3, and the install was going fine until it told me my COA was invalid.

It would not pass the enter COA, as it says in MSDN for entering it later. Hopeing my COA would eventaully prove legit.

I know my COA is legit, so wtf?

So now I'm stuck with a non-working computer, a copy of Windows Home Xp I assume its pre-service pack 1, and a headache.

How Can I get this working?

Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:01 PM

All replies

• Hi, I'm from Portugal and i got the same error in windows xp pach 3... 

mine's legit too... but we need that pass... COA. you can find it on your computer or on your computer documents... if you dont have them you will need to cantact the store where you boght your computer... iff that store is closed then that windows will be usefull... i'm lucky becouse i will talk with my store and they will informe about that ____...

note: if you cant get those info, you will need to get a pirate CD and drivers... it's kind off complicate but i chose the legit way...  :D

Good luck on that bro  :D

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:53 PM