Playing cds automatically with Windows Media Player RRS feed

• Question

• I have set all the defaults for Windows Media Player to play all music and video. I have set it to automatically play cds when they are inserted in the disc drive. It does not always do this. It sometimes will play store bought cds. But blank cds that have been used for recording, they just spin around and around and won't play. And some store-bought cds stop and start playing in the middle of tracks. I have Rhapsody and even though I have made WMP the default to play cds, for some reason Rhapsody shows the cd as well. Is there a conflict with Rhapsody & WMP in my computer? If so, how can I resolve this so that I can play ALL cds with WMP?
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:17 AM

All replies

• 1. It seems that it depends more or less on the quality and structure of CD.

2. What you want play from empty CD? Default behaviour may start burning (at least in higher version of operating systems)

3. MS does not warrant proper function of WMP if Rhapsody compete with it. In my understanding Rhapsody (http://www.rhapsody.com/software) is not MS product. Look into compatibility list if it is compatible with Vista.

Regards

Milos

Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:29 AM
  • My guitar instructor took blank CDs and created Ear Training Exercises. He recorded himself playing notes in different keys on the piano so I learn to identify them. He gave me these CDs and when I put them in my computer disc drive they don't always automatically play. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I can probably just set my PC to have Rhapsody as the default and just play them on Rhapsody. They show up on Rhapsody even if I don't have Rhapsody set as the default to play CDs. So, apparently in my PC there is some kind of conflict between Rhapsody & WMP and whether I specifically state Rhapsody as the default or not -- it acts like it is and I think that is why the CDs will not automatically play with WMP. So I guess I'll have to use Rhapsody for now until I figure something else out. Thank you for your advice, Milos. It is much appreciated.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 3:45 AM