none
How can I implement screen saver for 1500 computers in a domain

Question

• we have a domain contains around 1500 computers, which is scattered around the country(WAN). How can I implement screen saver for all computers.
    Monday, March 21, 2016 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Under User Configuration > Policies > Admin Templates > Control Panel > Personalization there is an option for Force Specific Screensaver. In the field you need to type the name of your .scr executable of your screensaver.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 1:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please check the following Policy:

User Configuration --- Administrative Templates: Policy definitions --- Control Panel --- Personalization:

• Policy                                                              Setting
    • Enable screen saver                                          Enabled
    • Force specific screen saver                                Enabled
    • Screen saver executable name                          scrnsave.scr
    • Password protect the screen saver                     Enabled
    • Screen saver timeout                                        Enabled
    • Number of seconds to wait to enable the screen saver Seconds: <some_integer>

Group Policy Planning and Deployment Guide

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754948%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:31 AM
  • If I have custom screen saver(screen.scr). How can I do the implementation.

I am waiting for fast answers. Pls

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

Under User Configuration > Policies > Admin Templates > Control Panel > Personalization there is an option for Force Specific Screensaver. In the field you need to type the name of your .scr executable of your screensaver.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Friday, March 25, 2016 7:49 AM