none
Internal Email delay RRS feed

• Question

• I have a person here in the office that is having issues with internal emails. She will get emails sent by someone in our office (same domain, same email domain) 1 to 2 days late. It doesn't appear to be specific from one sender but random. She is the only one out of about 100 people who are having this issue. I was able to send her an email and she got it right away so replicating the results is difficult, however she is getting 2 or more emails a day that are a day or so late. Does anyone have any ideas? Our setup is 2 exchange mailbox data base servers, two CAS servers and we are running Exchange 2010. The user with the problems is running Windows 7 with Outlook 2010.

Thanks

• Edited by idspispopd Friday, February 28, 2014 2:54 PM added info
    Friday, February 28, 2014 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I recommend you use message tracking to check if the message was delivered to the recipient with any delay.

In addition, let the user disable the virus software on the client PC, and try to use outlook safe mode and online mode. Check if the issue still occur.

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 3, 2014 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi

does the same thing happen in OWA?

Can you track the mail? does it show a delay or is it just outlook?

Friday, February 28, 2014 4:00 PM
  • The mail shows the correct time it was sent. The one this morning showed it was sent 2 hours ago. Not sure on the OWA as this user does not use that. I logged into it though and the message was sent 2 days ago and is showing up under the correct day.
    • Edited by idspispopd Friday, February 28, 2014 4:14 PM edit
    Friday, February 28, 2014 4:04 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend you use message tracking to check if the message was delivered to the recipient with any delay.

In addition, let the user disable the virus software on the client PC, and try to use outlook safe mode and online mode. Check if the issue still occur.

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 3, 2014 9:02 AM